Friday, July 28, 2006

I'm just swell

Or swollen really. According to my doctor. Poking his finger into my leg and booty, I was squealing. He sent me off to the hospital for an immediate ultrasound of my leg yesterday fearing I had a reoccurence of a clot. That test came out negative. I'm relieved about that. Who wants to spend a week in the hospital hooked up to an IV of Heparin followed by weeks of bed rest and months of blood thinnners? Been there done that. Evidently, I've got serveral kinds of inflammation going on. He mentioned bursitis and another kind I didn't catch the name of as he shooed me out the door to get the test done. I'm supposed to do a round of an anti inflammatory to clear things up. Of, course the pharmacy didn't have it in stock so I have to wait until after work tonight to pick it up. Last time I was at the chiropracter, I noticed a article posted on the bulletin board about artificial sweeteners being to blame for chronic inflammation, asthma and other conditions. Aspartame feels like poison to me so I don't eat it. But Splenda is another story. I carry my trusty little yellow packets with me everywhere I go. I'm considering giving it up. Although, if I do it while I'm on the medicine I won't know if that is the culprit. Sweets is in production this week for the magazine he art directs. So I had dinner alone and lounged around in the evening. When he came home, he worked on the map of Philadelphia he's designing for the next issue. I made a card. We're a funny pair. Both creative but totally on different planes. I'm at my desk like a little kid with my bucket of various scissors and glue sticks. He's at his rocking his Mac. It's so nice to be able to work in the same space together. The studio has become our favorite room in the house.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope the swelling has subsided. Are you avoiding artificial sweeteners totally? Now, that brings us back to old-fashioned sugar as we know it. Oh, you can try honey or muscovado. It takes some time to get used to the taste though. Get well!

8/24/2006 09:38:00 PM  
Anonymous dream interpreter said...

nice and excited article. good work!

3/03/2010 12:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home