Monday, July 10, 2006

Haiku free-for-all results

Entries were few this time around. I'm attributing that to the holiday week. Usually, more of my co-workers at the newspaper participate. Unfortunately, our state government was shut down for a few days over an impasse on the budget. That kept all of us extremely busy. Not the best environment for creativity. So without further ado... here are the results... in october crisp don't wear any underwear yet frost may persist Tiffany Laine De Mott Whether with ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard or salt, I like freedom fries. Michael Etz one day freedom will come home to roost inside the walls of my purple garden Amystery written in the fibonacci style. - Fancy! In the mightiest of temples the tiniest gnat flies unfettered Joel Pisetzner (also refered to as "The Editor" on this blog) The next two are both by me: Run up my freak flag I'll dance in the produce aisle Wave at onlookers Open to failure Bombing never looked so good Doing is enough The last three are all by Glenn Redus: Truths self-evident: blistered weenies on the grill lemonade, ice cream Most on July Fourth will have picnics, fireworks, sex. Me? I'll write headlines On July the Fourth our forefathers told the king to go fuck himself When I sent out the call for entries, one reply was hilarious. "I'd rather rub Haiku in my hair. No thanks." For those of you who are interested in or are new to haiku and want to know more a good site to cruise around is One Deep Breath. It gives you a weekly theme to work on. �

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wrote dozens of elvis-inspired haiku for a friend's gd project. she had to create a book. she printed two, one for me, one for her, but i haven't received my copy. i fear it is buried somewhere. first she married, then she bought a house, so who knows where my elvis haiku are? i love haiku though. i'm glad you're spreading it around, making others love it too!

7/10/2006 12:18:00 PM  
Blogger Kim Carney said...

Oh, lord, those are good. but that reply is hysterical!

7/10/2006 01:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home