Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Fun Facts about Moi: Self Portrait Challenge


sun in my eyes, originally uploaded by roxydynamite.

Today's introduction for Self Portrait Challenge is random, free forrm and written in seven minutes. Ready?

I didn't drink coffee until I was 30. Now I have some just about every day. Cafe Dumonde in New Orleans converted me. I still haven't gotten to trying beer yet.

After about five minutes in the sun you can visibly see me getting sunburnt. If that happens, please remind me I haven't bothered to put on any sunblock.

My house is always messy. Piles of papers and magazines on the table. The most recently thrifted acquisitions by the door. I wish I was neat.

I swear I cannot swim. My mother swears she taught me how. I don't go in water without adult supervision unless it's the shower, a sprinkler or a hot tub.

I am a multi-tasker, always trying to do two things at once. Eat and read. Watch tv and read. Drive and eat.

I procrastinate. I tell myself I work much better under pressure. I like to refer to this as "running down the clock." I meet multiple deadlines every night at work. Personally, I tend to let them slide. That's why I've got to be brief today. My taxes on the house are overdue. (This is not the first time I've done this either, I'm afraid.)

I like to rock out in the car while driving. Recently it's been to Pearl Jam, The Beatles, Ben Kweller, and The Magic Numbers. That's when I don't have The Greenhornes CD in on repeat for days on end,

If I could eat only one type of cuisine every day til the end of time it would have to be Indian.

That's all I have time for. (Actually, I've gone over the allocated time limit I set. So predictable.) I'm off to see the disapproving tax department lady and then on to work. Wish I could keep going with this days off thing instead.

For a peek at more revelations during the last week of the introduction theme, visit Self Portrait Challenge. Next month's theme is Pop Art.

3 Comments:

Blogger mcaplan said...

This is great! I love the descriptions of you, probably becasue 95% of it sounds like me! Nice to meet you!

5/30/2006 01:09:00 PM  
Blogger dani said...

i like the photo and i like your story - simple but facty - if you can call that a word/.

5/31/2006 02:02:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love this photo! keep them coming.

5/31/2006 04:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home