Sunday, May 07, 2006

Five Senses Friday- weekend edition

I attempted Five Senses Friday on Friday but the day was too hectic to get it done. The whole week went at warp speed. So here's my list as of right now: Sight: - Dead sparrow that appeared in the driveway, moved to the walk and disappeared all very mysteriously - Toothless smile on my oldest nephew. He lost both his front teeth at once last week. - A visit to the gorgeous Post Office in Newark, NJ to post my color-iffic swap package - logging into etsy and seeing my grandmother's face on the main page. I recently custom ordered pendants of Grams as Mother's Day gifts for my mother and aunt from brag bags. We liked the way they came out, so she put a photo up to show what could be done with her work. Snag one for yourself today! I'm anxiously awaiting their arrival in the mail. - Our new bookshelves are full of books. Cyndemouse said it looks like the Housing Works store. That is a FINE compliment. Smell: - Sweets has started wearing the Vera Wang for Men fragrance that I got him for his birthday - An odd, funky odor in the house that only I can smell. - a co-workers's lunch that smelled of cabbage - hot smell in the house that turned out to be from me stupidly putting a nonstick pot of water on the stove to boil and forgetting about it while watching tv. Almost burnt the house down. - pleasant wood smell as Sweets cut wood floor planks for the room upstairs. He finished yesterday. Yeah! Taste: - beef empanadas from Clara the nice lunch truck lady - coconut chai from Premium Steap in Philadelphia - sharing a pitcher of magaritas with Cyndemouse and Sweets after a hard day's work - Chunky chocolate bar - Crunchy tuna sushi roll Touch: - shiny but rough new parking meter poles installed on the street I work on - Delicate pearl necklace that Elly-O gave to me on Friday. It was her mother's "pride and joy" but not Elly-O's taste. She thought I'd take good care of it. And I shall. It's marvelous. - fuzzy bud on my poppy plant - wonderful bits of fabric at the Philadelphia Sewing Collective Fabric Swap Meet. - super soft argyle cashmere sweater Cyndemouse snagged at a bag sale last week and passed on to me. Sound: - Newly thrifted stack of green bangles clinking on my right wrist - Ingesting Pearl Jam's new CD before going to see them in Albany next weekend - Singing along to Joni Mitchell's Blue album driving home last night with the sun roof open, wind whipping my hair - Quentin squealing when his paw got stepped on accidentally - Sweets squealing when he hammered his finger instead of the floor. Ouch. I'm taking tomorrow off to babysit three of my nephews so my sister can chaperone the oldest one on a class trip. Despite my request to pottytrain the twins before I spend a day with them, they were uncooperative. Soooo.... I'll be having an interesting and exhausting day tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home