Friday, April 28, 2006

Five Senses Friday


dogwood, originally uploaded by roxydynamite.

I was cranky mostly this week. Not sure why. Lots of little things compiling into a big load of ugh. For three days, my attempt to post were cut off short. There is just not enough time in the day for me. I feel so envious of some of the other bloggers I read. I imagine them at home with their kiddies, baking goodies, stiching up softies. My me time is non-existent and that makes me crankiest. Making my usual reading stop in at Little Birds, one of the blogs that make me wish for a more craft/child/freetime filled life, her post Five Senses Friday caught my attention. Suddenly, I was able to focus on little things from the past few days that were positive. Reading Little Birds always makes me feel like there is a better way to be living- more creatively, slowly, simply. I appreciate that immensely. Here's my Five Senses Friday List: Sight:
- Quentin basking in the sun on the deck this morning
- The hostas leaves beginning to unfurl - Stumbling online to a possible wedding location, a pavilion surrounded by a field of live peacocks at a zoo
- All of our dvds alphabetized and put away (finally) in the media cabinet built especially for them

Smell:
- Demeter Pineapple pick me up spray on my wrists
- Newspaper ink on my fingers
- Lilacs wafting over from the neighbor's bush
- My deoderant doing a so-so job
- That hotdogs cooking at a dusty rummage sale in a church basement smell

Taste:
- Coffee on Sweets lips when I kissed him goodbye
- Honey bunches of Oats for breakfast
- Pork stew over brown rice for dinner(I concocted the recipe and it was sooo good)
- Dunkin Donuts hazelnut coffee
- Curry chicken takeout

Touch:
- Skipping a rummage sale to snuggle longer with Sweets (that is LOVE)
- Bleeding heart blossoms on my fingertips
- Splinter in my foot
- Washing my face in the sink
_ bookjackets of newest vintage cookbook and craft book scores


Sound:
- "Sugar Never Tasted So Good"- The White Stripes
- "Love is a Battlefield"- Pat Benatar
- My engagement ring clicking against my mouse
- Overhearing my nephews on the phone while chatting with my sister
- Gasp I made when I learned a co-worker's 35 year old wife collapsed at home and died

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home