Friday, April 21, 2006

what a week

This week has kicked my butt. Last weekend we spent about 15 hours working on prepping and painting our new bookshelves and media cabinets. I was so tired and sore from the work, I had to go back to work on Monday to relax. Except I didn't really. Sweets had his birthday on Wednesday. So there was sneaking around before work to buy presents and wrap them. Tuesday was an early morning alarm to go to the doctor because I'm still feeling a wee bit dizzy. Thursday I was up even earlier. Out of the house by 8 am to work and then to an awards dinner afterwards. I didn't get home until 11 pm. Soooo tired. Overtired. I went right to bed last night and then after what seemed like five minutes the dogs were fussing around me in the bed. My tummy was upset from eating banquet hall food. I got aggravated and retreated to the kitchen with my laptop until 2:30 am. I caught up on one of my fave bloggers Craftapalooza, read the entire blog of my May Coloriffic Swap-o-rama partner and explored the Whiplash competition at Whip Up. Wow. All three are full of amazing creations. Which makes me wish I had more time to whip something up here to participate in the competition. I can't wait to get the studio upstairs sorted out. Having a new space to work in is going to be very inspirational for both of us. Sweets is very low key about his birthday. I like to celebrate mine for about a month! We started the night before with a fancy cake aglow with sparklers. I was at the ready to make him the breakfast of his choice on his birthday. He decided to wait until the weekend for bacon etc and asked for apple turnovers and coffee. As we had our breakfast, he opened his presents and we talked. I got him some surprise gifts. New swim trunks, a cover and tool caddy for his Weber grill and some Vera Wang for men cologne. His sunglasses broke recently and he asked for a new pair. I got him Ray Ban Wayfarers which are classic Hollywood. He looks awfully cute in them. Still waiting to see him in the swimmies. This weekend is going to be rainy. I was hoping to take Sweets to Branch Brook Park in Newark for a picnic under the cherry blossoms. My new shipment of plants needs to be tucked into the garden. Shelves still need more paint. This weekend is shaping up to be just as busy as last week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home