Thursday, March 30, 2006

Ruckus over The Raconteurs

This morning, I'm listening to one of my all time favorite raconteurs, John Wesley Harding's debut album It Happened One Night. Wes's song "July 13th 1985" tells an anecdote about watching Live Aid on tv, being so addled by coke that he missed Spandau Ballet and U2 perform and then donates the 10 pound note that he used to snort the coke to Live Aid. In Wes' words, he's "fucking brilliant." I chose to listen to this particular record purposely as I logged onto Ticketmaster to attempt securing tickets for The Raconteurs first North American appearance next week at Irving Plaza. There's been quite a little scuffle over at The Modern Age over this show. Laura put out a little post earlier in the week indicating she was aware of something secret going on. Well, no duh, if you're smart enough to get on your favorite bands and record companies newsletters you will know about the secret stuff. I agree with Laura that you shouldn't talk too loud about the really cool stuff - until you've got your own ticket in your shaking little hand. I don't want the scoop out there and then have to buy tickets from some smug enterprising jerk who doesn't give a crap about the music. I planned on picking up four tickets. I frantically called JPO to tell her to start trying for tickets when I found out there was a two ticket maximum. And then for eight minutes I couldn't get anything. Just as I was going to quit, grab my bags and head to work defeated, I got in. Whoohoo! Now, I skip off in my sparkly shoes singing "Steady As She Goes." Check back soon for another "sparkly" revelation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home