Tuesday, April 18, 2006

goodies in the mailbag


mailbag, originally uploaded by roxydynamite.

Pretty great stuff arrived in the mail this week. A weird handwritten letter mysteriously arrived from a stranger. I didn't think people really go through obituaries anymore to sell them bibles and such. This letter started off with condolences for my "beloved grandmother" and then went on to quote from the bible, encourage me to contact my local Jehovah's Wtinesses for council or to even write back to the Mrs. Russell who penned it. Very, very odd indeed.
Another surprise item was an engagement card from Sweets parents. It's our first!
I won the bird cards on eBay for 99 cents. Cyndemouse gave me a framed collection of them for Christmas a few years back. These cards were put out in several collections so now I'm into collecting them all.

The plant is a Kamatanishiki tree peony from van Bourgondien. It arrived with the rest of my order containing another tree peony called Seidei which is pink,an oriental poppy, liatris bulbs, two varieties of phlox, delphiniums,lupines and lilies. I need to get digging over the next few days.
The hand creme sample came with the plant order.

Gabriela in Portugal or loca-bandoca received the April swap package I sent her. She wrote to tell me she really loved it. That made me feel so good.
My March swap is still out in the ether. I really hope it arrives at its destination soon. And I'm anxiously awaiting my April swap package from my mystery partner.

Getting good mail is soooo much better than boring old bills and supermarket flyers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home