Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Self Portrait Tuesday: Foolish Thoughts


spt 4-11, originally uploaded by roxydynamite.

Even when I am sleeping,
my mind wants to stay activated
Wringing the same thoughts over
and over like a washerwoman.

What foolishness.
Put those thoughts through
the rinse cycle and hang them
out to dry.

I wasn't planning on posting a SPT this week. Holly Rhea's Friday Faves commentary rubbed me the wrong way. This is meant to be a positive experience for the participants. I'm a photo editor by profession and would never speak to professional photographers that way. Certainly not this group. Maybe that too is a foolish thought, to take her scolding so seriously.
This morning, as I spent a few quiet minutes in bed alone with the dogs, the idea for this photo popped into my head. So I decided to forget my indignation and make a photo. Sweets had gone out to Home Depot for some supplies for the bookshelf project upstairs. By the time he returned, I had boldy braved the creepy attic storage space to find my stickers and was double stick taping a third eye to my forehead in front of the bathroom mirror. He paused outside the door, asked "What are you DOING?" shook his head "you are freaking me out?"
I consider the mission of acting a fool for this month's SPT theme accomplished after his reaction.

I also spontaneously wrote a little poem at the beginning to continue my celebration of National Poetry Month.

Please enjoy some of the other SPT tomfoolery at the SPT blog and the flickr group.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home