Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Self Portrait Tuesday: pondering popping


pondering popping, originally uploaded by roxydynamite.

Most women have trouble coming up with a list of things they love about themselves. It seems vain. Conceited. But ask us what we don't like, you'd better sit down cause you'll be here for a while. Why is that?
I had to skip posting an SPT last week because my Grams had a stroke and was in the hospital. This month's theme "All of Me" is a difficult one and I've been thinking about it alot.
Mostly about the things I find as faults of course.
Then I walked into the house on Friday night and my viewpoint shifted. I had to go out of town for a few days to conduct a newspaper photography contest that I chair. Sweets told me he was making me a Valentine's surprise. I was eager to return.
When I got to the house, the front door was slightly ajar. The living room lit by candlelight. Flowers and a card waited on the coffee table. I glanced up and saw a sea of red balloons bobbing against the ceiling. I heard myself giggle.
I found Sweets peering around the kitchen doorway, watching me find his surprise. Then he told me each balloon has a slip of paper inside with something he loves about me written on it. If I want to read them. They need to be popped.
Wow-sa.
There are about fifty balloons. Over the course of the weekend and the past few days, I've slowly released the messages. I still have about twenty left for today.
The sayings range from funny to sweet to naughty.
I'll share some of my favorites so far:

I love when you wink and smile at me when you're talking on the phone with someone else.

I love your carefree and inventive style.

I love how hard working and responsible you are. It's a definite turn on.

I love how you giggle like Marge Simpson sometimes.

I love how your eyes reflect in zero to infinity my love for you.

I love that you have loves- birds, Rilke, flickr and oh, so much more...

I love waking up to your smell.

I love it when you make me coffee in the morning.

I love how that curve on your lower back sums up in one swoop how unbelievably sexy you are.

I love how much you get along with my family.

I love your way with words.

I love your kisses, especially because they are all mine.

Before I met Sweets, I had been single for too long, failed at dating too often. I came to the conclusion that I was unlovable. He's changed all that. You can't be in an environment where you are covered with kisses and compliments, good words and good deeds, everyday without it starting to rub off on you.

I'm ready to say " I AM LOVABLE." It's about time I start making a list all of my one.

Right after I finish popping those balloons....

Happy Valentine's Day ladies and lads. Take some time to open your heart today to more SPT's at the blog and the flickr group.

xoxo

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the BEST valentine I've seen. How wonderful for you and how gorgeous of him.

2/14/2006 09:20:00 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

that is a great pic

9/07/2006 06:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home