Monday, January 16, 2006

The Golden Globes report

Ah, it's another award show season. The Tivo has been set so I can enjoy the Golden Globes show, sans commercials once I get home from work. at the office, I do have the luxury of seeing all the celebrity arrival photos stream over the wire, pretty much in real time. Some stars are faring better than others as they try to navigate the treacherous waters of dressing themselves for major appearances. Star should neither look too bridal: Kate Beckinsale or too British: Gwyneth Paltrow. Michelle Williams looks radiant in a frothy purple concoction. It feels really now to me. Heath's coordinating flower was sweet. Debi Mazur is always totally retro glam goodness. Sandra Oh's gown made me "Ahh." The ladies of Wisteria Lane came out in full force. Felicity Huffman came as a Greek goddess and Terri Hatcher as a lizard. Marcia Cross looks like a supremed tangerine (Someone fetch a plate for her "segments"). Nicollette Sheridan looked glamourous but she accessorized with Michael Bolton. Eva Longoria walked away looking most bootylicious. You have to see the back of the dress to fully appreciate it. Katherine Heigl should think twice about prints in the future. This dress made her look hippier than she is. Anne Hathaway looks old beyond her years. I wouldn't mind banning bows after seeing Cynthia Nixon and Jenny McCarthy. Charlize Theron looks like "sheer energy will keep her dancing" this evening like the jingle in those old pantyhose commercials. Reese Witherspoon looks like she put her dress on inside out. I'm not sure what she was trying to achieve but oh my, it's quite unfortunate. Perhaps not quite as bad as Alanis Morissette. Ugh-ly. I expected a tad more effort from Sarah Jessica Parker but she looks great in basic black. As does Mandy Moore and Natalie Portman. Swooniest fella has to be Terrence Howard. Um, I think I need to go have a cool drink now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home