Monday, January 09, 2006

Banana bread heals all wounds

The weekend soothed all the boo boos of the week. I baked the banana bread recipe in the new issue Everyday Food. I can't find the recipe online to link to. Could be because it's reader's recipe. It was dense and moist. we had it for breakfast on Sunday with fresh pineapple and coffee. That totally made up for the mashed potatoes that someone ended up the consistency of paste. I know I overcooked them while dismantling the Christmas tree, so they may have been waterlogged. Harumph. We made do with open faced meatloaf sandwiches for dinner sans the mashed spuds. Sweets valiantly offered to eat them but I wouldn't let him. We did pretty mundane stuff this weekend but it is satisfying to tick things off the to-do list. The dogs needed their nails clipped. I had Maggie weighed and was thrilled to find she's down to 11.5 lbs from 13. She's been on new organic food for a few months and it's made a world of difference in her coat, her weight and her energy level. A few intense hours were spent drawing and erasing and drawing and erasing again and again on plans for built in shelves in the attic space we've been renovating since May. We took a trip to Lowe's and found some cool materials to use. I really want to get this room done so I finally have a designated desk with a lamp and an outlet. That would be lovely. I got up a bit early today and it was nice not to rush. I filled the bird feeders, read a few pages from my Audobon book, fixed myself and shot some self portraits for tomorrow's post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home