Friday, November 04, 2005

yum


yum, originally uploaded by roxydynamite.

On Wednesday, The New York Times had an article in The Arts section about a radio station on the web just for pets.
The story begins "Remember, be kind to your mailman," said Jane Harris, a disc jockey. Then she softened her voice until it was a little insinuating: "He only wants to deliver the mail."
Ah, this reminded me immediately of Quentin B. (the B is for Badass) who has always hated the mailman, no matter where we've lived. So I decided what the heck and tuned into DogCatRadio.Com. First song we heard was "Everytime You Go Away" by Paul Young. As I fondly remembered loving watching him run and dive, sliding across the stage in the '80's, Maggie cocked her head, pricked up her ears and went over to the door looking forlorn. Sweets had just left moments before. Then she went to her leash and nosed it. Really. I'm not making this up. Next song, Paul Simon croons"If you'll be my bodyguard..." Quentin sat on the couch next to me, ears erect, his tail stroking my back. Hey, these pet radio people may be on to something. In between songs, dogs bark and my pooches turn their heads. Magggie too a break for Paul Simon but came sauntering back in for "Foxy Lady."
My only complaint is as a Mac user, I'm forced to use Windows Media Player which doesn't give you any song information. Of course, the site's main demographic couldn't read them anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home